If you are lucky enough to have 3 days in Toledo, you are in luck, because you will be able to get to know the city without rushing and you will also have plenty of time to even make an excursion to a nearby place in the province.
Very few people have 3 days to visit Toledo since the vast majority make an excursion from Madrid or spend a weekend, which although we consider that it is enough to get to know the city, it never hurts to have more days.
Here we are going to tell you what you can see in Toledo in 3 days and not miss anything.
What to see in Toledo in 3 days
First day in Toledo
Our first day in Toledo can be dedicated to visiting the most essential places in the city. It is the typical route that is made in a day trip from Madrid.
Although you can see the detailed route of this first day in our article with the best things to see in Toledo in one day, below we list the main places you will visit:
- Primate Cathedral of Toledo, its main monument.
- Alcázar de Toledo, one of its hallmarks.
- The Historic Center of Toledo.
- The Gardens of the Vega.
- The gates of Bisagra and El Cambrón.
- Zocodover Square.
- The Jewish quarter of Toledo.
- The El Greco Museum, one of the best painters in history.
Second day in Toledo
During this second day in Toledo we will visit some places that are outside the Historic Center of the city but also some that you will have already passed on your first day but that you left for later because they are not essential although they are very interesting.
You can consult the detailed route of this second day in our article with the best things to see in Toledo in 2 days. The main places you will visit will be the following:
- Mirador del Valle, from where you get the best views of Toledo.
- Alcantara Bridge.
- Alcazar viewpoint.
- Church of San Ildefonso.
- Convent of Santo Domingo el Antiguo.
- San Martin Bridge.
Third day in Toledo
During the first two days of the 3 you have to visit Toledo you will have already enjoyed all the most interesting things this city has to offer and the main places to visit. This third day could be dedicated to delving into those museums and monuments of the previous days, but if not, we also offer you new plans.
Puy de Fou
One of the places that we recommend you visit on this third day is Puy de Fou. Many people even visit Toledo just to enjoy this theme park.
As we have already mentioned, Puy de Fou is a theme park dedicated to the history of Spain. But it is not an amusement park like many other theme parks that you can find, but a park where you can enjoy different shows. In it are also represented different peoples of the time and quite a few animals.
Puy de Fou is undoubtedly one of the best options to spend the day and discover a little more about the history of Spain.
Visit nearby towns in the province of Toledo
Another option that you can do on this third day, or even combine it with a visit to Puy de Fou, is to go to one of the beautiful villages that you have near the city in the province of Toledo. The most recommended are the following:
- consuegra _ About 60 km from Toledo is one of the most beautiful towns in the province, mainly thanks to the hill on which the Castillo de la Muela and the famous Consuegra Windmills are located. Some can be visited and it is, without a doubt, one of the best things to do in Toledo. On the way to Consuegra you can stop in Orgaz and see its Castle and Plaza Mayor.
- tremble. This pretty town is also not too far from Toledo and you will get there quickly. Its main attraction is the Plaza Mayor with typical La Mancha architecture that will not leave you indifferent.
- Oropesa of Toledo. This town is a little further away than the previous ones but it is well worth a visit. Its main attraction is its Castle, which today is a Parador de Turismo. You can take advantage of the trip to also visit Maqueda and Escalona, where there are two castles.